Poster by Barbara Kruger, 1989 (scanned from Suffragettes to She Devils by Liz McQuiston)
Hey, all. So I’ve decided that Tweeting my favorite links is just not enough. I want to document them here in my blog as well. Why? Why not!
There are so many articles I come across on a weekly basis, and it’s kind of nice to do a little recap of the articles that really affected/influenced/inspired/educated/entertained me throughout the week.
This week, since I’m reading Feminist Theory: From Margin to Center by bell hooks, I felt especially sensitive to news surrounding women’s rights (particularly pertaining to reproductive choice), so there are a few in this list.
- It’s good to stay grounded and remember that everyone is creative in their own way, not just us designers.
- Elsie Flannigan, a crafter/entrepreneur/artist who I admire launched her very first dress line this week. Her video lookbook is incredibly inspiring and adorable.
- Bundle, the place to find accessible articles about personal finance presents a nice piece discussing the cost of not having a baby. (Thanks, @reportermike)
- Speaking of reproductive choice, Dolores P gives us the low down on why she is an abortion provider – she also uses colorful language, and is probably my new fave person. (Thanks, @remoteryan)
- More stuff about women! This time, from the White House.
Because the majority of these links skewed slightly on the serious, here’s a fun clip from Portlandia to lighten the mood.
I hope you enjoyed, or were moved by these stories in some way. If you have any you’d like to share, please leave a comment!